So, as summer is upon us (12 more days of school, WOOHOO!) my school finds it a good idea to force upon us books that, well, (pardon my French) suck eggs. They're either boy oriented, popular-girl oriented (thanks for the stereotyping), or books that most people have already read. So, even though I've done this before, I'm going to make a list of my FAVORITE books/series of all time! (In order of favorites)
- The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. It's a sequel to The Percy Jackson series, and it just came out last fall. However, if you have read the previous series, I do not recommend you read it until this fall. Why? Because there's a horrible cliffhanger at the end and the next book hasn't come out yet. CURSE YOU AND YOUR AWESOMENESS, RICK RIORDAN! He's been teasing us in The Kane Series. Ex: "Manhattan has...other...problems." "We compare him to our Roman god, Vulcan." "We couldn't just go to Pluto's realm like all the other respectable Romans..." "I swear I saw a winged horse fly over Manhattan once."
- Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordan (Sorry, he's my favorite author)
- The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
- The Harry Potter Series by (doh) J.K. Rowling
- The Circle of Magic Series by Tamora Pierce
- 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass
- The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester. If you chose to read this and you get to the very sad part about the main character, do not despair, all is not lost. This book also includes the most evilly horrid villain ever.
- They Key to Rondo by Emily Rodda (I love Mimi)
- Magic Can be Murder by Vivian Vande Velde. This book has something for everybody. There's romance, comedy, magic, mystery, horror, and, frankly, epicness.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. OK, so I'm only on chapter two, but it's good so far.
- Radiance by Alyson Noel (with the two dot things over the e)
- Ingo by Helen Dunmore. Not much of a climax, but it's still good.
- The Garden of Eve by K.L. Going. Be warned, this book is incredibly sad.
- Avalon Web of Magic by Rachel Roberts
- Stolen Children by Peg Kehret
- Heartbeat by Sharon Creech
- Half Magic by Edward Eager. It's for younger kids, but I still suggest you read it.
- Eggs by Jerry Spinelli
- The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti (about the Holocaust)
- White Fang by Jack London
- Mandy by Julie Edwards (Yes, the actor and once-was singer)
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
- Inkheart by Cornilia Funke. I didn't find Inkspell and Inkdeath to be as good.
Now for the books I plan to read this Summer.
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
- The Lightning Thief (again) by Rick Riordan, and possibly the rest of the Percy Jackson Series
Radiance was on that list too, but...ehehe....I read fast.Now for books I suggest you don't read and why
- Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede. There are just somethings that you don't mix. One of them being magic and the great western frontier.
- Heroes of The Valley by Jonathan Stroud. It's not that it's not good, it's just at a lot higher reading level than mine. And I'm at 12.5
:D Okay, that's it. I hope you read (and enjoy) those books! Remember, they're epic!