Sunday, March 20, 2011

Seven

Chapter Two
~Kimberly~
She had green eyes that lit up like flames, and brown hair put up into pigtails tat stuck out of the side of her head. She struck me as a hippie at first, ripped, bell-bottom jeans, flowery shirt, and dirty, worn sandals. “Sorry,” she said, helping me up and dusting off her jeans. “I was in a rush, I was trying to-” Get away from something watching you. She didn’t have to finish the sentence. I knew what she was going to say. “Never mind. You’d think I was crazy if I told you. My name’s Kimberly, by the way.” Looking at all the scattered seed packets (among which was an ipod), I said “I’m Allison, why are you carrying all these seeds?” She grinned, picking up her belongings “Follow me.”
She led me to a little spot in the center of town that I didn’t even know existed. It was hidden from sight by buildings, and it didn’t look like it belonged to any of them, because if it did, it would be in much better shape. I stood knee-deep in weeds, which surrounded a moldy fountain—on which rats were crawling—and overrun a couple of classic park benches. “It was ten times worse when I found it.” Kimberly said. “I asked each of the owners of the buildings if they wanted it, and they said no, so I asked them if I could have it. They said it was a dirty old park that couldn’t be fixed, so they let me have it. Said no matter how much I weeded it would stay the same. But they don’t know me. I’ve got the greenest thumb around, and I can fix up any garden ‘til it’s lusher than the Garden of Eden ever was, no matter how bad a state of repair it’s in. Wanna help?” I looked around; it was going to be some project, but I wasn’t one to back down from a challenge. So I said, “Sure.”
Then that feeling came back. That feeling that someone was watching me, only this time, it felt threatening. I looked around, no one was there, but I could see Kimberly felt it too.
Have to get away.
Something told me, “Uh, I really should get going.” I said, “I mean, it’s getting late, my parents’ll be worried. But I’ll meet you here tomorrow.” Kimberly nodded absently, looking around for what was causing the odd feeling, “Yea…yea, I should get going. See ya tomorrow.” She said.
We parted and I ran off towards home, wondering what tat strange feeling was.
Something weird’s going on here. That feeling, it wasn’t right, it was like someone was trying to watch me, find out what makes me tick. Part of me thought, Don’t be ridiculous! The other part of me argued, You’re being paranoid, it’s nothing. I tried to convince myself, Then how come Kimberly could feel it too? Admit it! Something strange is happening. I thought, but then something else came to my realization, You don’t know that she felt it! For all that you know, she could have been looking at a bird or something, it doesn’t mean she’s as psychologically messed up as you are. But I still couldn't believe that nothing weird was happening, You saw the look on her face! She felt it too, she knows there was something happening!
It kept going on back and forth like that all the way home, I felt like a yo-yo, going back and forth, back and forth.
Even when I reached home, I was still oblivious to everything. When I barged in the front door, my mom told me something, can’t remember what, just went straight up to my room. Fell back onto my bed, covered my face with a pillow. Tried to come up with an explanation, couldn’t think of any. Instead I passed out on my bed, my brain was overworked from trying to figure out exactly what happened and why. Next thing I knew, my mom was calling me down for dinner.

No comments: