Saturday, March 19, 2011

Seven

Before I begin, *shoves Jane out of the way* (trust me, you REALLY don't want to know), sorry about that last post. I've hit a pothole on the rode of life and Wizard101 just isn't enough to get rid of all the stress anymore. You remember Kira? It's gotten worse. And SOMEONE I know needs to make a decision.

ANYWAY....you're probably wondering why this post is entitled "Seven". WEEEELLLLLL........(No Jane, not yet, STOP BUGGING ME!) So I was out walking the other day and I started thinking about Wizard101. And, well, I got an idea. For the record, I am NOT abandoning POWERS, so don't freak out, Jessica. There's no rule that says I can't work on two projects at the same time. I may or may not finish it, it depends on how much support I get from you guys. Finished or not, I'll make a tab for it by The Drake Kids. It may be the only thing up for a while, depends on whether or not I get a good idea for a post worth posting. So, uh, let's get started. (OK, Jane, now.)


Chapter 1:
~Allison~

July Seventh, 2007. That day. That was the day everything changed. Don't get me wrong, it was a completely normal day...at first. My name's Allison, by the way. Allison Sandforge. But back then it was just Allison. I was just walking on the beach, thinking about why I even put up with the people at school who tease me for my “abnormality”. I could do things, things that I didn’t know what they were. Once our class was outside for the first time in spring, and there was a lot of sand for the ice on the pavement from that winter. I got mad, and suddenly, there was a sandstorm brewing. It chased after the girls who had made me mad, and by the time the teacher was back and my temper was under control, it was just…gone. And when I was in trouble, if there was a salamander nearby, it would just come up and stand next to me.
I dug my toes into the sand. I guess kids made fun of me because I was good at everything. And I mean everything. MVP in track, soccer, softball, lacrosse AND competitive swimming. Not to mention I was an A+ student in every class, made great projects in art class, and all the teachers just loved me. I was perfect in everything I did. And I hated it. See, try as I might, there was nothing I really loved to do.
Until we learned about the dessert in Geography. Now that was cool. The sand, the heat, the blazing white heat of the sun and the constant struggle to live, it made me come alive. Of course, with the dessert came Egypt, and that was even better. The history of it all, the strange allure of mummification, ancient kings, the epic battle between Moses and his own brother, Ramses, to set his people free from slavery, the gods, the pyramids, and the Nile, the lifeblood of Egypt!
I ditched my sandals, didn’t want them, didn’t need them. Ran across the sand, let my feet touch the cool sand, felt it shift underneath my weight. Cart wheeled over the sand, did a front-flip in the air, started to run faster, but then I felt something…someone was watching me. It wasn’t a bad feeling though, it felt like a good presence. But still, it made me feel uncomfortable. I had to get away from it, quickly. I wanted to go the park in the center of town, but it was so far away. I thought about it, thought about the little white gazebo, the people laughing and playing, dogs catching Frisbees, old people sitting on the maple wood benches feeding bread crumbs to pigeons. And then, the park wasn’t a thought anymore, it was real, I was there. How did this happen? I thought. I was just at the beach a second ago…that’s impossible…I—someone bumped into me and knocked me to the ground. I looked up at the culprit. She looked so familiar…like I was supposed to know her, from a dream or something, like it was destiny that made her bump into me.
“Hey…” she said, completely unfazed by the fact that she had knocked us both to the ground, but she looked the same way I felt. Like we were supposed to meet.
I'll post more of that tomorrow, if not today. So please comment, and let me know what you think!
Cya!

1 comment:

Alura Duskblade/Echo said...

Awesomeness... B)

(Dang, an A+ and good at sports? Pbbbht. Wish I could do that.)